SMB Suite is unique not only for it’s 24/7 helpdesk and total-integration cloud solution. It’s also a company that was founded by CPAs and others with strong public accounting backgrounds. I recently asked our CFO about his perspective on what matters most in financial accounting software:
His unabridged reply:
10. Ability to track customer credit lines and insure we are not increasing our exposure
9. Ability to know what inventory shortages exist and be aware of them as they happen
8. Ability to assemble the financial reporting package for the Board
7. Ability to identify slow moving inventory items
6. Ease in which to export data to Excel spreadsheets for analysis
5. Ability to interface with Microsoft Office
4. Ability to track customers’ purchasing behavior on a product by product basis
3. Ability to break out information by segment
2. Ability to generate relevant information from raw data
1. And the number one reason is: The ability to access the information I need, when I need it and
how I need to see it without requiring significant effort from the IT department or the Accounting
Department staff to generate it.
In my role, I speak with literally dozens of prospects every week. And I would concur that our
CFO’s number 1 point above is the most common complaint I hear from finance professionals
about the shortcomings of their current system, be it QuickBooks (compare QuickBooks and
Dynamics GP), Peachtree, Sage MAS90/200/500 (compare MAS90/200 and Dynamics GP), or
whatever. Access to information (not just data) is a key reason for evaluating Microsoft Dynamics
GP. It’s what keeps the C-level executives up at night. Hopefully with the right system in place,
these executives have peace of mind.
There’s a lot more information comparing Quickbooks to Our Cloud ERP Offering in our resource centers!