Creating a Budget in GP
Importing/Exporting from Budgets
To Create a Blank Budget from GP
1) Open the budges window in GP: Financial >> Cards >> Budgets
2) Click NEW, and select “using Budget Wizard for Excel”.
3) This will open the Budget Wizard. Click NEXT:
4) Enter an ID for this budget. Enter a description and select how to base the budge and the date range/year. Click NEXT.
5) Select “BLANK BUDGET”. Click NEXT.
6) Select actual amounts. If you do not want to pull any actual amounts, don’t make a selection in this window. Click NEXT.
7) Select the account types you want to include. Click NEXT.
8) Select which accounts you want to include from those account types: all or specific accounts. GP will allow you to be specific in this window. Click NEXT.
9) Verify the accounts you want to include in your budget.
10) Select if you want to use a new workbook, or an existing workbook. If existing, navigate out to the workbook you want to use. Click NEXT.
11) GP will give you a snapshot of your options. Verify they are correct. Click FINISH.
12) The wizard will now have you set up your budget file name. Enter a file name and click OPEN.
13) GP will now send the file to excel, and it will open when completed.
14) Enter your budget information into the blank budget and save the file.
To Export an Existing Budget:
You can export an existing budget that is already created into excel in order to update and re-import to GP.
1) Open the budges window in GP: Financial >> Cards >> Budgets
2) Select the budget you want to import from, then click EXCEL.
3) Click on Export to Excel.
4) GP will allow you to create this file as a new workbook or select an existing workbook. If exporting to an existing workbook, browse out the file name and select it. Click OK.
5) Name the new file name if you are creating a new workbook.
6) GP will export the file to your new workbook.
7) Once completed, the spreadsheet will open up. Enter/change your figures for the new budget.
8) Save the file.
To Import a Budget file into GP:
1) Go back into Financial >> Cards >> Budget. Click on Excel and select IMPORT FROM EXCEL.
10) The budget wizard will open for the import:
11) Select your option for what type of file you are importing: new or an existing. If existing, search out to find the file. Click NEXT.
12) Enter an ID for the new budget. Fill in a description if needed and select your base and date. Click NEXT.
13) Select your file with the new budget information by clicking on BROWSE, then selecting the file and clicking OPEN.
14) GP will ask you to select the worksheet that has your budget information. Highlight and click NEXT.
15) The wizard will give you a snapshot of your options to review. If correct, click FINISH.
16) GP will import the file.
17) Once the file is imported, you will see it in your listing.
18) Select the budget file you just imported, and click OPEN. You can open in GP or in Excel.
19) In GP, you can select an account within your budget and see your changes/entries.
Technology has enabled some pretty amazing things, but being in two places at once still isn’t one of them. Fortunately, the Internet of Things (IoT) has enabled companies to use and share their expertise more efficiently, increasing productivity without needing to increase manpower.
Originally published on LinkedIn by: Satya Nadella – CEO at Microsoft
Two years ago, we set out with an ambition to reinvent productivity and business processes. In a world of infinite information and computing and finite attention and time, we aim to help everyone get more out of every moment and change the nature of digital work within organizations of all sizes.
We pursue this ambition in service of our customers’ digital transformations. Businesses of all sizes in every country will not just use digital technologies, but become digital companies themselves. Each company is attempting to digitally transform to achieve the same four outcomes – to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products.
And let’s be clear – digital transformation won’t happen with another bolted-on cloud app or a giant implementation of monolithic and closed business application packages that take half a decade to customize and deploy, and another for employees to begrudgingly learn how to use.
Digital transformation requires systems of intelligence that are tailored to each industry, each company, each micro-task performed by each person. Systems that can learn, expand and evolve with agility as the world and business changes.
Last year, I made the decision to bring our Dynamics business into the mainstream engineering, marketing and sales teams. Last Thursday, we took a major step forward with the introduction of Microsoft Dynamics 365, to empower business users with built-in insights and intelligence within the business applications they’re working in – apps like field service, sales, finance, operations.
This has been a dream of the industry, but also for me personally since 2000 when Microsoft acquired Great Plains. When I led that group, we dreamt of doing things for our customers and partners that are now only possible because of widespread adoption of the cloud, proliferation of data, devices and sensors, and agile development environments.
Realizing this dream requires unlocking data stored in silos and monolithic suites of applications so customers can combine them to derive new insights, extend and modify their business processes quickly, and surface them in the communications and collaboration tools millions of people use at work every day. Therefore, it requires us to reinvent business processes taking both a people-centric and platform-centric approach.
Each system of intelligence needs to be centered around a person and encompass anything that the person needs to do in the context of their role. This means removing the impedances that exist between the business solutions people work across today; breaking down barriers between productivity, collaboration and business processes; and creating a new customer-centric business model aligned to the realities of these roles today.
Perhaps most importantly, systems of intelligence require a platform where any business or ISV can add unique value to a company’s digital transformation by extending and integrating its existing systems and business processes.
Business leaders, imagine a world where your employees are empowered with predictive insights, prescriptive advice and actionable next steps.
IT professionals, imagine a world where you can quickly build and deploy what you want and pay for just the capabilities you need.
Developers and ISVs, imagine a world where you can build systems of intelligence to transform business for every company of every size in every industry.
Partners, imagine a world where your SaaS apps can be easily discovered by millions of customers and other partners.
Digital workers, imagine a world where you can respond to a customer request or replan production as easily as you can find a new restaurant or book a ride.
Microsoft Dynamics 365:
The motivating force behind everything we do and everything we build is to empower our customers to make things and make things happen. Together with our customers and partners, we are reinventing business processes for a world where devices, data, intelligence and connectivity can be everywhere.
We have a unique approach to building the technology and platforms that will drive widespread digital transformation for every company, in every industry and every country. This will generate tremendous opportunity for our partners around the globe.
Dynamics 365 for Financials includes a standard configuration of most financial processes, but you can change the configuration to suit your business. Also, if you chose not to apply the standard configuration, you must add your own configuration.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Financials is a business management solution that’s connecting people and processes like never before. From day one, it makes ordering, selling, invoicing, and reporting easier and faster.
Dynamics 365 will bring together the best of Microsoft CRM and ERP cloud offerings into one cloud service with specific, purpose built apps for each of your key business processes – like Finance, Sales, Customer Service, etc.
Dynamics 365 provides customers a modern and familiar experience with built in insights, intelligence and workflow. They also use a common data model and consistent application platform to ensure consistency, interoperability and extensibility.
Dynamics 365 enables businesses to:
Dynamics 365 is our next generation of business apps in the cloud. These apps bring together the full power of Microsoft across productivity, advanced analytics and IoT, with the strength of Azure and a new application platform and common data model. As such, the new name reflects the significance of the offering and the coming together of the two worlds structured business processes and unstructured personal productivity so our business customers can achieve more.
Dynamics 365 is a net new proposition that combines new products, new product capabilities, new packaging, new pricing. We are taking a new approach to how we develop our products and bring them to market.
All of Microsoft’s intelligent business apps will align to our new common data model, and an extensibility model that combines existing customization tools with PowerApps and Flow. At launch we’ll have made solid progress towards apps working seamlessly together, and it’s an effort we’ll continue as we redefine business processes to eliminate historical boundaries between CRM and ERP. CIS, IOT and PowerBI all play key roles in how we help businesses be more outcome driven as well as give our customers and our Partner ecosystem the ability to leverage our new common data platform to integrate legacy and 3rd party solutions with Dynamics 365.
The common data model is a cloud-resident business database, built on years of experience with our enterprise customers. It will come with hundreds of standard business entities spanning both business process (Dynamics 365) and productivity (Office 365). The standardization and consistency of schema enables partners to build innovative applications and to automate business processes spanning the entire business process spectrum with confidence their solutions can be easily deployed and used across Microsoft’s entire customer base.