- How does Dynamics 365 benefit customers?
Dynamics 365 will bring together the best of Microsoft CRM and ERP cloud offerings into one cloud service with specific, purpose built apps for each of your key business processes – like Finance, Sales, Customer Service, etc.
Dynamics 365 provides customers a modern and familiar experience with built in insights, intelligence and workflow. They also use a common data model and consistent application platform to ensure consistency, interoperability and extensibility.
Dynamics 365 enables businesses to:
- Start with what they need by offering apps that fit roles, industries, businesses – so our customers can start with what they need and grow at their pace to run their entire business in the cloud.
- Enable greater productivity where they need it by connecting structured workflow of business applications and processes with the unstructured work of collaboration and productivity so employees are empowered with productivity tools surfaced in the context of their business processes.
- Get built-in Intelligence with business applications that infuses big data, advanced analytics and IoT into processes out-of-the-box to proactively guide employees and customers to optimal outcomes. With Dynamics 365, data and insights are transformed into action for intelligence where it’s needed
- Be ready for growth through nimble, adaptable applications, that allow them to compose, modify and extend processes in real-time. Business users are empowered to change and adapt without IT. And organizations can reimagine their business model with a consistent, flexible, extensible platform.
- Why did Microsoft choose the name “Dynamics 365” and what does it represent?
Dynamics 365 is our next generation of business apps in the cloud. These apps bring together the full power of Microsoft across productivity, advanced analytics and IoT, with the strength of Azure and a new application platform and common data model. As such, the new name reflects the significance of the offering and the coming together of the two worlds structured business processes and unstructured personal productivity so our business customers can achieve more.
- Is this just a marketing/ repackaging exercise or are you offering a new product?
Dynamics 365 is a net new proposition that combines new products, new product capabilities, new packaging, new pricing. We are taking a new approach to how we develop our products and bring them to market.
- Do all these Dynamics 365 apps really work together seamlessly?
All of Microsoft’s intelligent business apps will align to our new common data model, and an extensibility model that combines existing customization tools with PowerApps and Flow. At launch we’ll have made solid progress towards apps working seamlessly together, and it’s an effort we’ll continue as we redefine business processes to eliminate historical boundaries between CRM and ERP. CIS, IOT and PowerBI all play key roles in how we help businesses be more outcome driven as well as give our customers and our Partner ecosystem the ability to leverage our new common data platform to integrate legacy and 3rd party solutions with Dynamics 365.
- What is the “Common Data Model” and what role does it play with Dynamics 365?
The common data model is a cloud-resident business database, built on years of experience with our enterprise customers. It will come with hundreds of standard business entities spanning both business process (Dynamics 365) and productivity (Office 365). The standardization and consistency of schema enables partners to build innovative applications and to automate business processes spanning the entire business process spectrum with confidence their solutions can be easily deployed and used across Microsoft’s entire customer base.