Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is set to roll out its 2023 release wave 2. Highly adaptable and rich with features, Business Central enables companies to manage their finances, supply chain, manufacturing, shipping, projects, services, and more. This release promises to enhance the user experience, streamline business processes, and introduce innovative features, and here are some of the features we’re looking forward to:
Key Highlights of the Release
- Copilot’s Evolution: Microsoft has taken its investment in Copilot up a notch. This AI-driven assistant will now offer more capabilities, allowing users to optimize their processes and complete tasks faster, without needing to become data scientists.
- Financial Data Consolidation: The new release facilitates the consolidation of financial data across multiple Business Central environments, making intercompany partnerships more seamless.
- Enhanced Onboarding Experience: The onboarding process for new customers has been streamlined. Error messages are now more intuitive, offering solutions to resolve issues and continue working.
- Usability Upgrades: Efficiency gets a boost with key tips for faster keyboard access and the ability to peek at editable fields for quicker data insights.
- Integration with Microsoft Power Platform: Setting up workflows in Business Central is now more straightforward. The release offers templates that support a wider range of scenarios, enabling more process automation.
Additional Features to Watch Out For
- Application Enhancements: The intercompany and consolidation features now work seamlessly across environments. Supply chain capabilities have been optimized, with improvements in the picking process, SKU management, and warehouse configurations.
- Global Availability: Business Central has expanded its reach and is now available in over 130 countries and regions.
- Governance and Administration: Administrators can now manage more granular administrative rights, enhancing control over the system.
- Legislation: The release introduces new audit formats for digital reporting and better support for e-invoicing and local legislation.
- Integration with Microsoft 365: Collaborative business processes in Microsoft Teams have been enhanced, allowing users to unfurl a card without installing the Business Central Teams app.
The 2023 release wave 2 of Business Central is set to revolutionize the way SMBs operate, with a host of new features and enhancements. SMB Suite and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is the perfect partnership for your business. We support it with our trademark customer-first, problem-solving attitude that has made us the partner of choice for growing businesses across the country. To learn more, give us a call at 866-956-1636 or reach out to our sales team.
For a comprehensive understanding of all the capabilities being delivered in this release wave, as well as the timings for the rollout of new features, we recommend checking out the official release plan for Dynamics 365 Business Central.