I Really Don’t Care About Technology…
Doesn’t it seem like everywhere you turn there is a new technology to evaluate? Technologies that promise new levels of productivity, better communication, new ways to market and sell yourself, or simply communicate? It is easy to get overwhelmed or accidentally become a ‘manager of technology’ instead of a manager of the business.
Small and medium businesses are faced with a built-in tension that you don’t have in larger businesses. That is, how to do ‘everything’ with limited resources. And, how to level the playing field and compete with larger, more sophisticated businesses. What is a small business person to do?
Business owners are faced with a choice. Do I focus my efforts and resources on what I do best – taking care of my customer and employees – or do I try to do everything? How the business person answers this question will, at some level, determine future success. Allowing your organization to become distracted in the evaluation, implementation, support, upgrade, migration, and recovery of technology takes away from achieving the next breakthrough in growth, customer service/care, and revenue and profit.
Instead, think about how you can identify a ‘technology partner’ that can take on these critical aspects of your business – allowing you to get back to running your business – and, getting access to the very best in technology with a minimum of capital expenditure. Make sure your business is always up and running and never held back by the technology. It’s easier than you think.
Technology outsourcing is not a new concept. To the small and medium business, the advantages are many:
- Improved Cost Management: Technology costs become more visible and accountable; technology services are utilized as needed, eliminating overbuying; the business can reallocate, reduce, or eliminate technology-focused resources.
- Improved Technology Service Quality: You can get reports on overall performance and availability of the technology; there are extended support hours – ensuring your business has the support it needs, when it needs it; you benefit through proactive technology planning aligned with your business needs or goals; and, you can establish measurable ‘services level agreements’ to ensure your business technology is always available.
- Best Equipment, Software, and Tools: Your business is kept on the latest versions, the fastest platforms and network connections without you having to evaluate, test, implement, or support the technology. Your business benefits from increased cost savings, better process automation, and higher productivity, keeping you ahead of the competition.
- Flexibility/ Scalability: As your business grows or changes, you’re never under- or over-invested in technology. Your business has what it needs, ‘right-sized’ to the requirement every time.
- Accountability: Like every other asset in your business, you will know the contribution it makes to the business. No fuzzy thinking or assumptions of contribution. The technology becomes accountable to you.
- Business Acceleration: Because you are able to focus on the most important aspects of your product/service, customer, and employees you are able to improve your overall value delivery system. And, because you have a strong partner ensuring you have the best, highest performing, and capable technology you enjoy productivity, communication, and customer service advantage. Together, you have a new level of responsiveness and ability to create or take advantage of opportunity.
Want to get back to running your business and not technology? Want to regain control of your business and get the benefits that technology is supposed to deliver – at the same time? Of course you do. But how? SMB Suite bridges the gap between business and technology, bringing you all the benefits of the best technology while freeing you to run your business.