GP (Great Plains) – Open New Fiscal Year
To add / open a fiscal year in GP, you will need to go to your company setup. This process will open a new fiscal year and also allow you to enter transactions into the next Fiscal Year.
1. Open the Fiscal Period Window from the Microsoft Dynamics GP Menu.
2. In the Year drop down box, check that the year you are needing is not set up already. Also review your First Day and Last Day dates. You will need to set up the new year with the same dates for the new year. Check your number of periods.
3. Type in the Year field, the year you want to open/create.
4. Tab through to your dates and enter new dates IF NEEDED. (They system will auto fill this date based on prior years.
5. When you have the year and the dates correct, click on Calculate.
6. GP will create the fiscal year period for you and assign starting dates per your First Day date entered.
7. You can change the Period Names if you like by clicking in the field and highlighting.
8. When the year layout looks correct, click on OK. Your new fiscal year is now created.
If you need additional assistance, then get in touch with our support team!