SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
SMB Suite is looking for an experienced engineer with deep knowledge and broad experience across Microsoft-based technologies. This employee will be a member of the Cloud Operations team and will support systems across SMB Suite. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Work closely with other SMB Suite engineers to gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy, and support Microsoft enterprise software platforms and related technologies in a world-class environment that meets the needs of the demanding SMB Suite engineering teams. Build highly-resilient, high-performance, scalable, and flexible systems.
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage; all supporting the goal of making Business Life Easier.
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
- Work within a diverse group to design and deliver creative solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner by interacting with internal business units.
- Define, document and follow standards and best practices for systems design, testing, and implementation.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, information systems, or similar technical discipline + 5 years of systems engineering experience; OR 8+ years of systems engineering experience without a degree.
- Experience with physical and virtual Windows servers in an enterprise level environment.
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Online, or multi-platform authentication/identification environments.
- Scripting experience in PowerShell.
- Experience leading teams, either in a formal capacity or informally in technical projects.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
- Expert level PowerShell experience; beyond running single cmdlets, experience with writing larger scripts and automation-driven processes.
- Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Windows-based systems and services such as DHCP, DNS, IIS, MS-SQL, NPS, etc.
- Experience with Office 365/Microsoft 365 deployments including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, Intune & Azure Active Directory.
- Experience in Microsoft System Center stack and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization environments.
- Experience in support/administration of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Expertise in source code and version control tools.
- Experience with configuration management, provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools.
- Networking experience in IPv4, switching, routing, firewalls and HA architecture.
- Must be comfortable working with critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management, etc. in both formal and informal situations.
Apply for this position:
If you think you’d be a good fit, please fill out the following form to apply for this job opening. You can alternately send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!