SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
SMB Suite is looking for an experienced engineer with deep knowledge and broad experience across Microsoft-based technologies. This employee will be a member of the Cloud Operations team and will support systems across SMB Suite. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Work closely with other SMB Suite engineers to gather requirements, research, evaluate, design, plan, deploy, and support Microsoft enterprise software platforms and related technologies in a world-class environment that meets the needs of the demanding SMB Suite engineering teams. Build highly-resilient, high-performance, scalable, and flexible systems.
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage; all supporting the goal of making Business Life Easier.
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
- Work within a diverse group to design and deliver creative solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner by interacting with internal business units.
- Define, document and follow standards and best practices for systems design, testing, and implementation.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, information systems, or similar technical discipline + 5 years of systems engineering experience; OR 8+ years of systems engineering experience without a degree.
- Experience with physical and virtual Windows servers in an enterprise level environment.
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Online, or multi-platform authentication/identification environments.
- Scripting experience in PowerShell.
- Experience leading teams, either in a formal capacity or informally in technical projects.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection.
- Expert level PowerShell experience; beyond running single cmdlets, experience with writing larger scripts and automation-driven processes.
- Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Windows-based systems and services such as DHCP, DNS, IIS, MS-SQL, NPS, etc.
- Experience with Office 365/Microsoft 365 deployments including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, Intune & Azure Active Directory.
- Experience in Microsoft System Center stack and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization environments.
- Experience in support/administration of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Expertise in source code and version control tools.
- Experience with configuration management, provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools.
- Networking experience in IPv4, switching, routing, firewalls and HA architecture.
- Must be comfortable working with critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management, etc. in both formal and informal situations.
Small and midsize businesses have turned to SMB Suite for more than 25 years to implement a low cost financial accounting and ERP software platform.
All of our solutions are fully integrated, allowing customers to start with our robust financial accounting solution, and then add on CRM functionality, Managed IT Services, CPQ and powerful business intelligence capabilities and pre-built reports. Our easy to understand subscription model serves growing businesses by providing a holistic suite of supported solutions for a customized monthly fee so that your technology helps your business grow.
At SMB Suite, we don’t think of ourselves as a software sales and implementation business. We’re a platform company dedicated to providing the best solutions for small and medium-sized businesses that want to leverage the right technologies to help them grow. By developing modular, turnkey solutions for our partners, we help them find efficiency and success, every time.
Apply for this position:
If you think you’d be a good fit, please fill out the following form to apply for this job opening. You can alternately send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!