Managed IT Services: Why It’s Crucial for Small and Medium Sized Businesses
Smart businesses are making sure Managed IT is never a worry.
What are Managed IT Services?
Managed IT Services are dedicated proactive IT services designed to help businesses:
- Improve operational management
- Increase efficiency
- Strengthen security of your network, devices and data
- Liaise between your office and vendors, buying new equipment, internet connectivity, phones, etc.
- By providing a team of experts with an array of skill sets. SMB Suite Managed IT Services eliminates the “jack of all trades, master of none” situation that many small businesses experience. The SMB Suite team of experts can solve problems so businesses don’t have to worry about IT.
- Optimize IT budgets. Businesses need to know their IT costs month to month. Managed IT Services is a flat monthly fee with no surprises
- With a single point of contact for all IT needs. SMB Suite becomes a business’s IT department and solves all IT needs.
“We’re watching your machines and your networks to make sure they’re running efficiently, free of viruses, with correct patches and upgrades,” said Alan McAulay, SMB Suite Director of Managed IT Services.
“We’re making sure your network is healthy. It’s important to note that we’re not in the business of looking at the information on your machines.”
Network and Internet Connectivity Solutions
One of the first things SMB Suite’s Managed IT Services team looks at is a business’s internet connectivity.
“We make sure your connectivity is getting you what you need and that you have the bandwidth and flexibility you need, making sure your speed is good and that you’re not having issues with it going up and down,” McAulay said. “I strongly recommend you consider redundancy in your connectivity, IE having a second internet connection that doesn’t have to be as robust as your primary connection. You want to always be connected, and more than one connection is wise.”
SMB Suite Managed IT Services can manage routers, switches and firewalls, whether these entities are software or hardware. The team manages those devices and helps with network setup.
SMB Suite can also help businesses manage wireless access points.
“Yes, it’s easy to go buy a wireless router and plug it in at the office,” McAulay said. “The issue there is protection and security. You want to make sure to utilize a service that can be managed and protected, giving you the ability to set the device to have home-office users, guest users, etc. It takes management to make sure it’s done correctly and that you’re safe and secure in your offices.”
SMB Suite Managed IT Services provides trouble reporting and resolution. The team monitors traffic going through the firewall, whether things are slowing down, whether a business is having internet issues. The team will report the issues and help resolve them.
“We’re also watching trend usage analysis and capacity planning,” McAulay explained. “If you’re growing and want to hire more employees, if you want to go from Microsoft Dynamics GP on premise to GP in the cloud, if you want to change your phone system to a voice-over IP system in the cloud, we can help with those things and watch capacity planning.”
Desktops and Devices IT Solutions
SMB Suite Managed IT Services tools look at a business’s network and devices to make sure they’re running smoothly and efficiently and free from performance issues.
- Online Software License Management
- Workstation Optimization and Management – the ability to monitor workstations and make sure they have the correct software updates, security patches, that software is functioning properly
- Security Administration
- Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Software Management
- Unlimited Phone Support
- Unlimited Remote Control Support – SMB Suite uses TeamViewer to log into a user’s machine remotely as if the team is sitting in front of it. This allows the team to see what problems are occurring and helps them solve problems more efficiently and more quickly.
- 24/7 Remote Emergency Support
Licensing Evaluation Services
“We’ll perform a free, comprehensive analysis of your current licensing environment and provide you with a ‘current status’ report to establish a baseline,” McAulay said. “Then, we’ll work with you to develop a roadmap to get you in the optimum status.”
- How many licenses are you currently paying for?
- What types of licenses do you have?
- Have you matched job functions to the capabilities of the licensing?
- Who is in control of your licensing? Is it technology, accounting, operations, etc.?
“We will make sure the money you’re spending gets you the software and applications you need most efficiently,” he said.
Phone Service Management Solutions
For businesses thinking about moving to a voice-over IP system, SMB Suite’s Managed IT Services will find the right type of connectivity for the office and situation. The team will help configure the new PBX system in the cloud and configure new hardware that can handle voice-over IP capabilities.
- Internet Connectivity Consulting
- Evaluate Existing Phone System
- Provide Cloud PBX Services
- Migrate from Existing PBX Platform
- Configuration of New Hardware
- Train Users on New Equipment
Security IT Solutions
Security can’t be overemphasized. Not only a business’s network, but its devices and the data on the devices need to be secure and protected. Managed IT services help businesses do that.
- Data Encryption
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Security Information and Event Management
Enterprise Applications Supported and Provided by Managed IT Services
SMB Suite Managed IT Services can help businesses get the most out of these platforms:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Active Directory
Backups and Disaster Recovery Managed Services
- Managed Backup Services
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation. This includes people and process, not just technology. This step is critical to protecting businesses, whether it’s a power outage or a tornado or anything in between. What is your disaster plan?
SMB Suite Managed IT Services Help Businesses:
- Catch problems before they cause major issues
- Optimize existing technology investments
- Protect data as well as desktops and devices
- Manage applications both in the cloud and/or on premise
- Execute a business continuity and disaster recovery plan protecting the most critical functions of a business
- Reduce uncertainty and big fluctuations in the IT budget (flat monthly fee)
- Simplify IT support with a single point of contact for all IT needs
“Our focus is to partner with you and help you get the most out of your technology,” McAulay said. “We want to make sure IT isn’t something you have to worry about. We want you to have the time to grow your business.”
“If we already manage pieces of your business, including Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Business Central, and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales, it’s a natural fit for us to handle your IT needs as well,” he said.